Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Book Vs. Film:

     Though i am a huge film conesiur and usually love to watch movies over reading books. but when there is a movie adaptation off of a book, i would recommend that you read the book first. when reading a book you are givin the initial story and information, but when watching a film adaptation of a book, you are watching someone's interpretation of the book. when watching someone's interpretation, though it might be really good and very faithful to the book, it does not always contain every scene from the book and might not always follow the story completely. For example, the novel "silver linings playbook" is a very well written and highly recemmended novel, but the film adaptation (although it was very good), did not stay completely faithful to the book and left me kind disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that reading the book before seeing the movie is usually the way to go. When I first saw Silver Linings Playbook, I didn't know that it was a book. While the movie was not faithful to the book, like you said, I found it to be a good movie in its own way. It may have been because I saw the movie first, but I liked the movie better than the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that reading the book first is better than watching it first because in the movie they cut a lot of scene, so reading it first much enjoyable than watching it.

    ReplyDelete